Wednesday 16 July 2014

Thank You Craig Chapman

Some of you may know of Craig Chapman and many of you will have no clue who this individual is.
Those who know him are aware he is a great manager and genuinely cares about the people he works with. For those who do not know of him now are aware of this wonderful person.
The purpose of writing this article is to let the world know how one person can give you the awareness and realisation what you truly are excellent at. For me this person has to be Craig Chapman. It could be that he never knew what an impact he had on my life.
I recall I joined Vertias Software in 1999, now know as Symantec. In those days I had no clue I will be running my own learning development consultancy called In Learning. One of the key people to play a role in this was Craig.
In those days I was a tech geek and I enjoyed my limited technical expertise. I thought then this was all I had to offer. This is where Mr.Chapman made me work on a project that required multiple skills. Skills of influencing, persuading, motivating, inspiring, coaching, getting things done and much more. A role that involved me working with different human emotional states and behaviours.
It was through his confidence and trust in me I was able to outperform in my work. Some how he had worked out I was a people person. He got me to do something I loved and truly had a passion for it. Through his time invested in me I gained the insight that I am a public speaker and this was my way to serve others.
Craig Chapman I salute you to this day and I am still "spinning around move out of my".
Thank you Craig.
Rohit Bassi is the founder of In Learning and works with you so that you can outperform yourself. He works on the premise of “Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway®” and the "100 0 Principle". He has carried out work for organisations such as Oracle, EMC, Alshaya, Baskin Robbins, Mazda, Emirates NBD, Emaar and many more. Please feel free to contact him on rohit@in-learning.com or call on +971-(0)55-553-2275.

No comments:

Post a Comment